Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anomalies in textures conversion

Default Anomalies in textures conversion

Good day

I am one of the unfortunate users which are experiencing issues with texture conversion with the Aicraft SDK.
    I am trying to convert my MB.326 model, but found what follows - should it help in finding the bug:

Fuselage: 4096x4096 diffuse texture + 4096 x 4096 specular maps: diffuse seems to show correctly, no signs of specular map effects.

Wings: 4096x4096 diffuse texture + 4096 x 4096 specular maps: same as the fuselage...diffuse seems to show correctly, no signs of specular map effects.

Tiptanks: originally 1024x1024 diffuse textures + 1024x1024 specular maps... major corruption of the diffuse (much like in the DR400), no sign of specular effects... given the difference in resolution, I have tried to resize the tiptank textures up to 4096x4096 but no joy.

Machine is a Win10 K3770 with GTX1080, with Max 2015, P3Dv3, FSX and their SDK.

aerofly_fs_2_screenshot_01_20170109-145812212.jpg

We have fixed the texture conversion bug internally and will commit a new version of the converter soon.

It was caused by the most recent NVIDIA drivers. Reverting back to older versions, fixed the issue. But we have rewritten the conversion process entirely, so its no longer ( hopefully ) dependent on the NVIDIA drivers.

Hi
    I can't access the download page (the link is wrong ww.)
    Even with the corrected link the download fails
    Please help me redownload the sdk
    Thanks

I cannot access the SDK either - 404 error.

Sorry for that, please try again to download. Here is the correct link:

https://www.aerofly.com/aerofly_fs_2/sdk/

Thanks for the updated links - installed the update SDK and textures are now converted as intended (no artifacts)!
    I still do not see specular effects but this may be a mistake on my side.

I don't think you updated the texture conversion for the Content Converter in the latest SDK.Also, I am getting a message from my Antivirus App that there perhaps is a possible virus in the Aircraft Converter - please let us know if that is OK and just a false positive.

Thanks

Dave

Dave, the SDK is updated and we usually do not put any viruses in our tools

First off, Avast scanned the Aircraft Converter and found it to be OK.

As far as the Content Converter, it's file date is 7/12/2016 (last year)while the Aircraft Converter file date is 1/9/2017 - I redownloaded the SDK last night, uninstalled both converters and then installed them from the latest download - please check. My version of the Kingman airport conversion has a lot of "blotches" on the taxiways and runways - the textures are corrupted.

Thanks

Dave

Dave, we forgot to update the content converter for converting sceneries. Please download the SDK again, it should now also work with sceneries.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information